Engage your students in practicing Verbs with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which Verb skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Write a sentence for a given image that includes a verb
- Circle the linking verb in a given sentence and underline its subject
- Complete a sentence using a helping verb and circle the action verb that it is helping
- Choose the correct verb tense for a given sentence
- Rewrite a verb so that it matches the subject
- Write a sentence that includes a given type of verb (past tense, present tense, future tense, action verb, linking verb, helping verb)
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun Verbs game!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!