This simile and metaphor activity bundle is just what you need to supplement your figurative language unit! Your students will be engaged as they learn more about similes and metaphors with these hands on and FUN activities!
The activity pack includes the following Simile and Metaphor Resources…
- Interactive Notebook Templates: 2 Options for Simile and Metaphor Interactive Notebook Notes
- Practice Worksheets – Differentiated Simile and Metaphor Worksheets
- Picture Practice – A single worksheet where students will generate their own similes and metaphors using picutres
- Simile and Metaphor Story -Students read a short story and identify all of the similes and metaphors in the story.
- 10 Simile Images Cards (Differentiated with and without sentences for context clues)
- Simile and Metaphor Self Portrait (Great Cumulative Activity)
- 1 Differentiated Simile and Metaphor Board Game for identifying and determining meanings of figurative language (Includes 36 sentence cards)
- Simile and Metaphor Figurative Language Task Card Set – 24 digital and printable task cards for identifying similes and metaphors. NOTE: This is the only piece of this activity packet available in a digital format.
Your students will love these activities for practicing figurative language.
**You can also purchase this activity pack as part of my FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE ACTIVITY BUNDLE!
I also have an IDIOMS Activity Bundle!
*Do not purchase my Figurative Language Task Cards separately. They are included in this packet.
Aligned with CCS for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade Writing Instruction
I LOVE using Pictures to teach Figurative Language. Click here for more information!
There are no reviews yet.