Make Reference Materials engaging with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which Reference Materials Skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Use a sample dictionary entry to answer a set of questions
- Use a sample thesaurus entry to answer a set of questions
- Use a sample glossary entry to answer a set of questions
- Use a sample dictionary page to decipher which dictionary entry best fits a set of underlined words.
- Identify a synonym for a set of words using a sample dictionary entry and context clues within a sentence.
NOTE: You do not need access to student reference materials (dictionary, thesaurus, etc.) to complete this game. The ToppleBlocks game cards have sample reference material entries printed directly on the cards themselves.
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun Reference Materials game!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!