Your students will absolutely love learning about pronouns with this high-interest grammar lesson that is ready to teach and SO engaging. Teaching grammar skills is SO MUCH FUN with Giggles and Grammar!
What is a pronoun?
A is a word that replaces a noun. (There are several different types of pronouns.)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This can be used as a standalone grammar lesson, but it has been specifically designed to accompany my grammar practice program, !
Tell me more about this pronouns lesson!
This resource includes 14 teaching slides focusing on different types of pronouns and using them correctly. The slides have been carefully designed to introduce pronouns, give opportunities for guided practice, provide partner talk prompts, and end with independent practice ideas for journals.
There’s no prep required, just start the presentation and go!
What’s included in this pronouns lesson?
- Step-by-step slides to introduce pronouns in engaging activities.
- INTRODUCE IT – Define and explore the new grammar skill
- PAUSE & PONDER – Work as a group to fix engaging examples
- TURN & TALK – Partner questions to reinforce the new skills
- NAME THAT PRONOUN – A partner activity to write and identify common pronouns
- YOUR TURN TO GIGGLE – Use a picture to try out your new grammar skills in action. Then, follow the journaling prompt to tie it all together.
Are student worksheets included?
This lesson includes only the teaching slides and group activities. However, the final slide(s) include samples for students to correct in a notebook, and an engaging journal prompt. Coordinating student worksheets about pronouns can be found HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: The sentences and examples in this lesson are SILLY… very silly! Be prepared for a classroom full of giggles as you explore pronouns.
Google Slides: Includes text boxes if you’d like students to type in answers.
PowerPoint: Embedded slides for projecting.
The document is NOT editable.
Grade Levels: This resource is best for grades 3 and up.
⭐⭐Need more grammar practice? Check out these resources!⭐⭐
This pronouns lesson is sure to bring out the giggles in your classroom – it’s such a FUN way to explore grammar!
© Teaching with a Mountain View
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.