Take the next step in nonfiction reading with this engaging and rigorous resource that asks students to synthesize information from 5 engaging sources all about photosynthesis. Students will build important critical thinking skills by combining and analyzing information from multiple texts on the same topic. Ultimately, students will be able to Integrate information from two or more texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
What’s Included in this Photosynthesis Nonfiction Synthesizing Resource?
- 5 high-quality sources
- Guiding questions and tasks to analyze individual sources
- 4 pages of tasks to synthesize and combine the individual sources
- Suggested Answer Key
What kinds of nonfiction sources about photosynthesis will my students be exploring?
- Source 1: Encyclopedia Entry
- Source 2: Diagram
- Source 3: Flowchart
- Source 4: Social Media Post
- Source 5: Book Excerpt
How much class time will this nonfiction synthesizing resource take to complete?
You should expect this resource to be completed over multiple days. First, students will explore the nonfiction sources on their own, and answer questions related to each source. Then, students will synthesize all 5 sources together in a series of activities that build critical thinking skills and integrate information from multiple sources.
Resource format options:
- A printable blackline version : This version includes both the source and student questions on the same page.
- A single-page, full-color, version: This version is perfect to print and laminate to reuse year after year!
- A digitally-optimized Google Slides version
Be sure to look at the preview for a more detailed look at the resource!
Looking for more Informational Text Resources?
Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts Task Cards
There are no reviews yet.