Engage your students in practicing Homophones (Commonly Confused Words) with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which skills surrounding Homophones (commonly confused words) are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Fill in a blank using the correct homophone
- Write the correct homophone next to a definition
- Identify a sentence where a homophone is used correctly
- Identify homophones and determine if they have been spelled correctly and correct any errors.
- Write a sentence using homophone pairs (in both picture and word form)
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun homophones game!
CLICK HERE to read a blog post about how I use this game in my classroom!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!
There are no reviews yet.