This set of 32 ‘find the theme' task cards has SO many uses! Each of the high-interest, high-quality stories fits one of ten main themes, differentiated to meet the needs of your students.
These are just a few of the ways you can use this theme resource:
•As a Themes Sort: Print the sort cards (two differentiated versions) and each text card. Students can use the sort cards as “headers” and visually sort the carts into categories.
- You can also use the recording sheets to record the sort answers or as a separate activity. Instruct students to place the number of each card under the correct theme.
•To Generate Themes: Print the task cards and give each student a recording sheet. They can generate their own theme based on each card and write it on the recording sheet.
•Digitally: Use the Google Slides version to have students select the appropriate theme for each story.
This resource includes:
- 32 Stories in quarter-page task card format
- Two sets of differentiated heading cards to do a visual sort of the stories
- One set of sort cards has the basic themes
- One set of sort cards has more advanced theme explanations
- Blank recording sheet for generating themes
- Two differentiated sort sheets to record answers
- Google Access via Google Slides
Please see the preview for pictures of each way you can use this resource!