56 digital and printable reading skill activities for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade! These differentiated August reading skill task cards cover a variety of reading and literacy skills (along with 16 enrichment activities) and are perfect for upper elementary students. They make reviewing essential reading skills FUN.
Each card has an August or summer theme and address important events in US history, doubling the educational value.
What's included in the August Reading Skills Task Cards?
- 4 Main Idea Cards
- 4 Context Clues Cards
- 4 Sequencing Cards
- 4 Inference Cards
- 4 Compare & Contrast Cards
- 4 Cause & Effect Cards
- 4 Fact & Opinion Cards
- 4 Story Elements Cards
- 4 Literal Comprehension Cards
- 2 Point of View Cards
- 2 Author's Purpose Cards
- 16 Enrichment Task Cards
- A of of the August Reading Skills Task Cards with interactive and movable elements!
These reading skills task cards are both digital and printable! A DIGITAL, Google Slides version is included and is perfect for distance or at-home learning. (Note: some drawing-based enrichment task cards have not been made digital.)
How can I use these Reading Skills Task Cards in my classroom?
- In reading centers
- As a warm up activity for the whole class
- As test prep
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- Differentiated literacy practice
- In a game of SCOOT
- See even more task card ideas at TaskCards.com (A Teaching With a Mountain View website)
*While these are festive and beautiful in color, they also print well in black & white!*
Want a FULL YEAR BUNDLE of READING SKILLS TASK CARDS? Click Here!
There are no reviews yet.