Looking for fun Leap Year math and literacy activities for your upper elementary students? Look no further! Inspire your students this winter with engaging Leap Day activities that challenge them to think critically and apply their new knowledge about Leap Year! With activities ranging from critical thinking morning work to Leap Day Reader’s Theaters, an entire day’s worth of Leap Day activities is included!
These activities have been designed for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders and can be accessed as both a PDF and Google Slides.
Teacher note: Your students will use various skills in these resources. The pages stand alone so you can choose to meet your students’ varying needs.
The math activities include:
- Two number of the day activities
- Differentiated fun facts about Leap Day
- Mental math practice
- Leap Year Word problem practice
The math activities cover the following concepts:
- Place Value
- Word Problems
- Multiplication and Division
- Mental Math
The literacy activities include:
- Four Leap Year reader’s theaters
- Critical thinking morning work for Leap Day
- Fictional passage with comprehension questions
- Leap Year Informational passage
- Leap Year writing prompt
- Leap Year word-maker
The literacy activities cover the following concepts:
- Critical Thinking
- Making Connections
- Reading Comprehension
- Persuasive Writing
- Point of View
- Using Text Evidence
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.