Daily, spiral review of key language arts and grammar skills is key to student success! With Language Skill of the Day, you can teach and review critical skills all year long in a fun and engaging format.
THIS IS A BUNDLE OF MY BEST-SELLING LANGUAGE SKILL OF THE DAY RESOURCE! It includes a full 40 weeks of spiral review of critical language, writing, and grammar skills.
Each Week of Language Sprial Review Includes:
- Weeks 1-40: Daily skill review using a wide variety of high-interest activities.
- Weeks 1-20: “Boost Your Brain Bonus” activity provides your students with an early finisher activity to stretch their thinking and practice writing skills.
- Weeks 21-40: “Super Sentences” mentor sentences activity that provides your students the opportunity to practice key language and grammar skills with well-crafted sentences.
- Weeks 1-40: “The Weekly Edit,” a section for traditional editing that incorporated that week's language skills.
- 7 language skill activities total per week
Included in the file you will find:
• 80 Pages of Printable Student Pages *
• 5 Page Language Skills Quick Reference Guide for Students
• Complete Teacher Answer Key/Guide with suggested answers
• Four Student Cover Options (Color and Black & White Options)
• Teacher Information
• GOOGLE SLIDES version to assign to your students in Google Classroom **
This resource includes a total of 40 weeks of content (280 activities total, including the mentor sentence/boost your brain bonus each week). There are EIGHT, five-week cycles/sets that provide skill review in increasing difficulty and different formats. Most tasks can be completed in less than five minutes!
Ways to Print/Use the Resource:
- 4 skills per page (Pictured)
- 1 skill per day (SEE NOTE)
- Google Slides (1 day per slide)
The following language/grammar skills are reviewed throughout the course of this journal.
• Parts of Speech
→Nouns & Pronouns
→Verbs & Verb Tenses
→Noun & Verb Agreement
→Adverbs & Adjectives
• Stellar Sentences
→Types of Sentences
→Fragments & Run-Ons
• Word Work
→Precise Word Choice
→Using Reference Materials
→Affixes & Roots
→Shades of Meaning
• Figurative Language
→Similes & Metaphors
→Literal & Figurative Language
→Adages & Proverbs
→Onomatopoeia & Alliteration
→Personification & Hyperbole
Please view the preview for a complete list of when each skill is reviewed.
Important Note About Grade Levels: I have taken great care to design this resource to meet the varying needs of 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers. Please find your grade level below to learn more about how you can expect to use this resource in your classroom.
♦4th grade teachers will find this to be a great resource in assisting them to TEACH the skills in the journal. Most students will need guidance and direct instruction when completing this resource. You can use this as a companion to your grammar curriculum to provide rigorous and engaging content practice and instruction.
♦5th grade teachers will love this resource as a review resource. You may need to review and reteach some of the skills along the way, but you can expect that most students will be able to complete the resource with some level of independence.
♦6th grade teachers can expect their students to utilize this journal completely independently as a review of critical language skills.
I designed this resource after searching and searching for the perfect review of important language and grammar skills and not being able to find exactly what my students needed. I wanted something that would routinely reintroduce my students to the important skills they had learned throughout the year (and in prior years) and engage them in meaningful, varied, and relevant practice. The pages print beautifully in color, but look great in black and white, too!
You can use this resource as morning work, as a warm-up, as whole group or small group practice, nightly homework, and more. The options are truly endless!
Other Reading Skills Resources You May Enjoy