Help your students to read and comprehend poetry with 4 original poems designed to practice poetry and fluency skills! Each poem is accompanied by thoughtful tasks to help students focus on their oral reading fluency and reading comprehension.
What is included with this resource?
- Double-sided booklets
- Single page version with additional space for annotating
- A GOOGLE SLIDES version for digital access and paperless practice
- An answer key!
These May-themed poems offer a range of different rhythm and rhyme schemes and are intended for fluency and poetry comprehension practice. The poems and comprehension questions range in complexity, making it easy to differentiate.
A wide variety of figurative language is used as well as imagery and references that require students to draw conclusions.
Booklet Version Information: Each booklet is designed to be printed double-sided and made into mini-books. Print using short-edge binding for best results.
Please Note: These are original poems. Due to copyright concerns, poems by popular authors can’t be included or referenced.
How can I use Poem of the Week in my classroom?
- Give the poem to your students on Monday and take 2-5 minutes each day to practice reading it out loud for fluency practice
- Use as a whole class poetry comprehension activity or lesson
- Use to extend learning
- Perfect as a literacy center
- Differentiated poetry comprehension practice
⭐️⭐️⭐️ SAVE WITH OUR POEM OF THE WEEK BUNDLE!⭐️⭐️⭐️
Do you want the whole year? Check out the COMPLETE year-long bundle! ⬅️
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.