16 sets of paired passages (32 informational passages total) to help students analyze firsthand and secondhand accounts of the same event. Each set of paired passages includes a firsthand account as well as a secondhand account. This product also includes two posters describing the difference between the two types of sources, a recording sheet with guiding questions, and prompt cards with questions to encourage students to respond thoughtfully and analytically to the two accounts.
This firsthand and secondhand accounts resource includes:
- 16 sets of paired passages (32 total passages)
- Half-Page Task Card Format
- Full-Page Format of content for easy reading
- Digital format in Google Slides
- Recording Sheets with Guiding Questions
- Prompt Cards with questions
- Two Posters/Mini Anchor Charts
The topics and themes of the 16 sets are:
- September 11th
- Shark Attack
- iPad Mania
- March on Washington
- The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
- Pikes Peak
- Lunar Landing (First moon landing)
- On the Plantation (Enslaved People on the Plantation)
- The Great Depression
- Immigrating on Ellis Island
- The Baseball Glove
- Galveston Hurricane
- Life on the Farm in the 1800s
- Olympic Gold
These task cards are perfect for Common Core Standard RI.4.6 but are also wonderfully suited for teaching Point of View and Perspective. The passages are brief to help students feel comfortable with the content and concept. The cards are recommended for grades 4+. They are perfect for introducing, assessing, or reviewing the concept of firsthand and secondhand accounts.
Please Note: While the firsthand accounts are based on extensive research, most have been rewritten to fit the purpose of these task cards and to avoid copyright concerns.
Common Core Standard RI.4.6 Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.