Literacy Skill of the Week is the ULTIMATE yearlong spiral review resource! Get ready to build literacy skills in a way that’s FUN for students and EASY to prep! This is a monthly resource to teach and review essential reading, writing, and grammar skills in fourth and fifth grades.
What’s included in this literacy bundle?
- August Literacy Skill of the Week
- September Literacy Skill of the Week
- October Literacy Skill of the Week
- November Literacy Skill of the Week
- December Literacy Skill of the Week
- January Literacy Skill of the Week
- February Literacy Skill of the Week
- March Literacy Skill of the Week
- April Literacy Skill of the Week
- May Literacy Skill of the Week
- June Literacy Skill of the Week
- July Literacy Skill of the Week (A Review Month)
This bundle includes TWELVE MONTHS of original, high-interest reading passages with a heavy focus on a specific skill each week. Each month, two texts are fiction, and two are informational.
Each original text includes FIVE days of reading tasks for a total of 20 days worth of high-quality tasks in each month!
- Day One – Read, annotate, and evaluate a text
- Day Two – Graphic organizer that focuses on the skill of the week
- Day Three – Using pictures to teach and review the reading skill
- Day Four – Read and respond questions
- Day Five – Writing prompts
*Use any combination of days to fit your needs!*
Each month has one week that focuses on the following skills:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skill
- Figurative Language
- Grammar Skills
Once a skill has been introduced, it will be reviewed periodically throughout subsequent months and weeks as well.
Each page has been created with a clean design and easy-to-read fonts to make them more accessible to all students.
Which skills are covered in this bundle?
Literacy Skill of the Day teaches and reviews more than 53 different literacy skills – please look at the preview for a detailed breakdown of when/how each skill is addressed.
Literacy Skill of the Week is perfect for…
- Weekly instruction or practice
- Weekly homework
- Center work
- Morning work
- Test Prep
- Spiral Review
Monthly Topics: While each month’s passage and story topics revolve loosely around the given season, most passages and stories can be used throughout the year for extra practice!
Need DIGITAL? We’ve got you covered! A digital, interactive, version is also included! It was created in Google Slides and ready for Google Classroom.
Grade Levels: This resource is best for grades 4 and 5.
Answer Keys Included
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.