We have spring break in a few weeks, and then we are immediately diving into testing. I was thinking about how impactful testing is to both teachers and students, and I wanted to do something to help ease that just a tiny bit.
I'll never forget my first year teaching. It was the week before our writing tests, and I sat on my bed surrounding (literally surrounded) by my students' writing samples. I was sobbing and so nervous that I hadn't done enough to prepare my students. 14 years later, I can look back on that moment with empathy for my younger teacher-self and know that I had done my very best. I know now that the test is such a small indicator of my success as a teacher, and I hope that all teachers are able to remind themselves of that during this testing season.
SO, I have a fun GIVEAWAY for both you and your students that I'm SO excited about. I also put together an exclusive Teaching With a Mountain View test prep bundle to make reviewing those crucial skills simple to prep and FUN for your students too. You won't find boring worksheets here! Everything is authentic and meaningful to seamlessly fit into your usual routines. PLUS you can use these great resources all year long, not just during test prep season.
Limited Time Test Prep Bundle
I have put together an exclusive test prep bundle that's packed with resources and almost $80 SAVINGS! Valued at over $125, this bundle is just $49.99. There are 30 individual resources, and they are discounted over 50% off from buying individually! Hurry because this deal ends Friday the 11th!
MYSTERY BONUS RESOURCES: Not only does this bundle include so many resources for the entire year, I have thrown in three extra resources to help you plan the rest of the year.
Here's a closer look at each of the resources included in the bundle:
- Candy Math: Over 20 pages of printable and digital activities to use with Skittles candy to reinforce common math concepts for grades 3-6. Lots of options to differentiate!
- Math Review Task Cards: Are you looking for a way to review ALL math standards for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade? Each rigorous review activity pack has multiple activities and prompts on each card. There are over 150+ math problems in total for each grade level! I use these for review and differentiation all year long.
- NEW Multi-Step Word Problem Cutouts: Are your students struggling with multi-step word problems? This bundle covers math standards in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. Each half-page word problem includes 4-5 steps to solve it. Students must cut out the steps and rearrange them into the correct order to fully explain how to solve each problem.
- Multi-Part Math Problems Task Cards for 3rd and 4th Grades: these cover ALL operations, perimeter & area, fractions, geometry, patterns, money, time, measurement, conversions, and more. The questions require higher-level thinking, justification, modeling, pictures, etc. PLUS they are ALL real world!
- BUNDLE BONUS: Exclusive Spring Math Activity: Only available in this bundle, this is a fun art/math activity to use in the afternoons once testing is over. I like to give students something a little lighter to work on after they've focused so hard during tests. If you loved my multiplication gingerbread house or place value park, you will be thrilled with this one!
- One MYSTERY math resource
- Paired Passages Bundle: This is the PERFECT starting spot for introducing paired passages. The process is easy: read and annotate two passages, answer text-based questions, and then analyze both passages together using carefully crafted response activities.
- Rapid Read and Review Bundle: Review informational text and fiction text with this bundle! It can be used in centers, small groups, whole class, or as homework to review essential comprehension skills and standards. The same question is never asked twice and skills are never reviewed in the same way, so students will stay engaged and excited about the content.
- Reading Comprehension Task Cards Bundle: This includes 96 half-page comprehension task cards, with 2 sets of fiction cards and 2 sets of informational/nonfiction task cards! They're digital and printable so you're ready for anything.
- Advanced Comprehension Task Cards Bundle: This is an absolute must-have digital and printable reading task card bundle for Grades 4+! There are over 100 in-depth, half page task cards in this HUGE bundle! Many cards have multiple passages per card, including paired passages.
- Two MYSTERY literacy resources
Teacher + Student Giveaway
I know these resources will save you valuable prep time and help your students confidently master key grade level standards, but how about just a little more?? One lucky teacher can win this test prep survival kit with several of my favorite items for both teachers and students!
For YOU, I thought about what might make those long testing days a little bit easier… The teacher giveaway includes:
- Tervis Teacher Cup to stay hydrated while you proctor
- You Can Do Hard Things Pennant for some motivational decor
- You Got This Sticker because YOU GOT THIS.
- Cozy Socks to pamper your tired feet
- Bath Bombs to relax after long testing days
- $50 GrubHub gift card so you have one less thing to worry about
- $25 Starbucks gift card for some testing fuel!
- Candy Stash to help get you through the day
- Flair Pens just to brighten your day
For the students, I included:
- Guitar pens because they're going to rock this test!
- Acrylic Sticker Pack to encourage your students
- Desk Pet to celebrate the completion of testing
I hope this brings a little joy to the winner!