Engage your students in thinking critically about theme with this set of paired passages task cards. There are a total of 20 fiction stories that make up the 10 sets of paired passages. Each set of paired passages has a similar theme represented in different scenarios. You can use the paired passages TOGETHER to deeply enrich your students' thinking or SEPARATELY to practice identifying themes.
Included in this set of theme paired passage task cards:
- 20 Original, High-Interest Fiction Stories on Half-Page Task Cards (10 sets total of Paired Passages specifically focusing on identifying theme in fiction.)
- Recording sheet for identifying themes
- Ten One-page reflection printables for each set of paired passages that asks different questions to promote critical thinking about the two stories and their connections.
- Full-page printable version of each of the twenty stories for easy accommodations and to allow for annotating during close reading activities.
- Answer Key with suggested answers
These task cards are best suited for grades 4-6. They are meant to enrich and extend student thinking about theme.
I have designed these to be used in small groups or literacy centers, but the possibilities are truly endless!
Identifying Point of View Task Cards
Using Pictures to Teach Reading Skills
There are no reviews yet.