Engage your upper elementary students with these fun and easy to prepare context clues activities for fall and thanksgiving! No prep required, just print them out and use the context clues activities as a literacy center or break them up into several engaging lessons that aligns to Common Core Standards!
This resource includes 6 high-interest context clues reading activities that are sure to keep your students engaged!
What's included in this Thanksgiving and fall context clues activity resource?
- 6 full page context clues activities – try printing these out in color and laminating them as a reusable literacy center activity!
- 6 student recording sheets (one for each context clues activity!)
- An answer key for each page!
- A ! Perfect for virtual learning or paperless practice.
What do the Fall and Thanksgiving context clues reading activities look like?
- Mysterious Messages – Use context clues to figure out the meaning of nonsense words in a fall-themed text message exchange.
- F-A-L-L into Fall – Decipher the meaning of nonsense words in a fall instagram-style social media post.
- In Awe of Autumn – Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word in a letter between two friends describing how leaves change color.
- Encyclopedia Entry – Use context clues to decipher the meaning of underlined words in an encyclopedia entry about how leaves change color.
- Time to Corn-Centrate – Use context clues to figure out the meaning of underlined words in a fictional poster for a local corn maze.
- Gobbling Goodies – Find an appropriate synonym to replace the underlined words in a fictional internet article about cooking a turkey.
- Turkey Trot – Use context clues to determine the meaning of a word in a fictional advertisement for a Turkey Trot 5K race.
Looking for more context clues resources? I've got you covered!
There are no reviews yet.