Engage your students in practicing Synonyms and Antonyms with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which Synonyms and Antonyms Skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Identify the antonym of a given word
- Label a pair of words as synonyms or antonyms
- Revise an underlined word with a synonym
- Identify which word is the best synonym for a given word
- Identify the word used incorrectly in a given sentence and then correct it using context clues
- Write a sentence using the antonym of a given word
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun Synonyms and Antonyms game!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!