Engage your students in practicing Subject and Predicate with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which Subject and Predicate Skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Identify an example of a subject from a short list
- Identify an example of a predicate from a short list
- Identify the subject and predicate in a given sentence
- Complete a sentence by adding a subject to match the given predicate
- Annotate a sentence to show a subject and predicate
- Write a sentence based on an image and identify the subject and predicate
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun Subject and Predicate game!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!