Engage your upper elementary students with these fun and easy to prepare Spring Context Clues activities! No prep required, just print them out and use the context clues activities as literacy centers, or break them up into several engaging reading lessons that align to Common Core Standards!
This resource includes 6 high-interest context clues reading activities that are sure to keep your students engaged!
What's included in this spring context clues activity resource?
- 6 full page context clues activities – try printing these out in color and laminating them as a reusable literacy center activity!
- 6 student recording sheets (one for each context clues activity!)
- An answer key for each page!
- A ! Perfect for virtual learning or paperless practice.
What do the spring context clues reading activities look like?
- The Life of a Flower – Find the meaning of the underlined word in the secret messages found inside an informational passage on plants.
- Fancy Flowers – Examine a fictional Instagram page to use context clues to decipher the meaning of underlined words.
- Garden Party – Use context clues to figure out the meaning of underlined words in an email invite to a spring party!
- Mad Libs Madness – Complete a letter with words that make sense in a mad-libs-style writing activity.
- An Egg-cellent Egg-Stravaganza – Use context clues skills to fix a newspaper release about a local egg hunt.
- Here Comes The Sun– Use context clues to figure out the best definition for each underlined word in a fictional spring festival poster.
Looking for more context clues resources? I've got you covered!