Engage your students in practicing Root Words with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which Root Words Skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Write the correct root word next to given meaning
- Underline the root word that a pair of words has in common and use one of the words in a sentence
- Identify a word that correctly completes a sentence and identify its root
- Write two words using a given root
- Add a word to a sentence that uses one of a set of given roots
- Write a sentence to describe an image using a given root
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun Root Words game!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!