This is a set of 32 digital and printable ‘Order of Operations' task cards that covers writing and interpreting expressions with NO variables. These are the perfect math activity for students in 5th grade.
What content is covered in this order of operations math activity?
- 16 cards require students to write expressions based on a statement
Example: 16 less than the product of 12 and 4 … (12×4)-16
- 16 cards require students to interpret expressions by writing a statement based on the expression
Example: (9×8)+2 … Two more than the product of 9 and 8 OR The product of 9 and 8 increased by 2
What is included in these ‘Order of Operations, Writing & Interpreting Expressions' resource?
- 32 printable math task cards
- Student recording sheet
- An answer key
- A perfect for Google classroom, virtual learning, and paperless practice. (32 slides of practice!)
The resource is Common Core Aligned for Standard 5.OA.A.2 and 5.OA.A.1 (but works perfectly for states not using Common Core standards as well!)
Perfect for Order of Operations Practice!
How can I use these Order of Operations, Writing & Interpreting Expressions Math Task Cards in my classroom?
- As a pre-test or post-test activity
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- As math centers
- Differentiated math practice
- As a whole class-activity
See even more task card ideas at TaskCards.com (A Teaching With a Mountain View website)
**Looking for MORE Task Cards?**