Engage your students in practicing Order of Operations with Parentheses and Brackets with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their math skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
There are TWO levels of this Topple Blocks™ game included in your purchase:
- : A basic version of the game that includes order of operations questions with parentheses only.
- : An advanced version of the game that includes order of operations questions with both brackets and parentheses.
Which Order of Operations Skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Evaluate an expression
- Write a statement to represent an expression
- Correct an equation by adding parentheses and/or brackets (level 1 asks students to add parentheses only, level 2 asks students to add both parentheses and brackets)
- Read a word problem, write and solve an expression
- Insert a correct operation to make an equation true
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun Order of Operations game!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!