Novel study made easy! This historical fiction novel study journal focuses on many different reading skills before, during, and after reading a piece of historical fiction. Your students will absolutely love engaging with ANY novel using these higher-level tasks.
This is the perfect versatile resource to use when reading historical fiction… and there are so many ways to use it!
Try using this historical fiction novel study journal for:
- Whole Group Novels
- Small Group Novel Studies
- Independent Novel Studies
A wide variety of reading skills are addressed throughout the novel study journal:
Before Reading Skills:
- About the genre
- Make Connections
- Make Predictions
During Reading Skills:
After Reading Skills:
- Reflecting on the Plot
- Reflecting on the Setting
- Reflecting on Characters
- Whole Book Reflections
Use and Prep Options
- Flipbook with tabs Version – Designed to be printed double-sided and assembled into a single booklet
- Full Page Version – this one needs NO prep! Use one page at a time, select only the pages you want, or bind all the pages together.
- Ink friendly versions are black and white and ready to be photocopied using less toner.
- Digital on Google Slides (Full Color)
Differentiation is Easy!
All options include two versions: beginner or advanced. You choose the level that is right for your students!
Your students will love studying novels with these differentiated novel study journals. They’re fun to use and so easy to prep!
Looking for more novel study journals that work with ANY novel?
Need more engaging novel study activities? Look no further!
There are no reviews yet.