This DIGITAL and PRINTABLE set of 56 Reading Skills and Enrichment Task Cards for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades has been designed to engage your students in thoughtful reading skill review this October.
All of the task cards have a fun October theme and address important events in US history, doubling the educational value.
What's included in the October Reading Skills Task Cards?
- 4 Main Idea Cards
- 4 Context Clues Cards
- 4 Sequencing Cards
- 4 Inference Cards
- 4 Compare & Contrast Cards
- 4 Cause & Effect Cards
- 4 Fact & Opinion Cards
- 4 Story Elements Cards
- 4 Literal Comprehension Cards
- 2 Point of View Cards
- 2 Author's Purpose Cards
- 16 Enrichment Task Cards
- A of of the October Reading Skills Task Cards with interactive and movable elements!
These reading skills task cards are both digital and printable! A DIGITAL, Google Slides version is included and is perfect for paperless practice or virtual learning.
How can I use these Reading Skills Task Cards in my classroom?
- In reading centers
- As a warm up activity for the whole class
- As test prep
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- Differentiated literacy practice
- In a game of SCOOT
- See even more task card ideas at TaskCards.com (A Teaching With a Mountain View website)
What are teachers saying about October Reading Skills Task Cards?
“These cards were great to use as review and covered a variety of skills.” – Lori W.
“Great to use during my intervention/enrichment block.” – Karen E.
“Great task cards that cover so many different reading comprehension skills.” – Rebecca D.