Happy Halloween! Enrich and extend your reading lessons and student reading comprehension with these HALLOWEEN reading logic puzzles that help students solve a fun reading mystery. They are the perfect way to build critical thinking in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. Help your students increase their logical reasoning in a way that’s so much fun and perfect for the season!
This reading mystery has an engaging fall and Halloween theme! There are a total of SEVEN logic puzzles for students to solve. One logic puzzle is meant for practice. FOUR puzzles help students solve a high-interest reading mystery, and two puzzles stand alone.
Tell me more about these Halloween logic puzzles! What’s in the resource?
- Practice Logic Puzzle – Stand-alone puzzle to help students learn how to grid responses and use logic to deduce the answer. This can be used as a whole-class or as an example in a center.
- ‘Mystery Elementary's Fall Festival’ – A fiction story to set up the logic puzzles. Read the story to find out what the characters are up to and what the mystery is.
- Four logic puzzles that directly connect to the Halloween story. Two are easier and two are more challenging. The clues require students to relate back to the original story as well as the nonfiction texts included on each puzzle page. These are all reading comprehension based.
- Carving Out the Clues – Use the answers from the logic puzzles, the original mystery story, and context clues to complete the tale and solve the mystery.
- Comprehension Check – Each logic puzzle has a short informational text that relates to the puzzle. Students read the text and identify the text structure.
- Bonus Logic Puzzles – Two more challenging puzzles that follow the same not-so-spooky Halloween theme of the story.
- Answer Key
Which grade(s) are these logic puzzles good for?
- 3rd Grade – The perfect tool for enrichment for gifted and talented students or students needing an extra challenge.
- 4th and 5th Grades – A great challenge that also builds critical thinking skills related to reading comprehension!
These logic puzzles can help your students build so many essential skills…
- Identify text structures
- Making inferences
- Reading and comprehending informational text
- Finding the main idea of a text
- Structure and sequence of events
- Critical thinking
- Logical reasoning
Your students will love finding clues and solving these engaging reading logic puzzles!
Looking for MATH logic puzzles? I’ve got those too!
Need more READING logic puzzles? They're right here!
© Teaching with a Mountain View
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
There are no reviews yet.