Engage your upper elementary students with these fun and easy to prepare Halloween Context Clues activities! No prep required, just print them out and use the context clues activities as a literacy center or break them up into several engaging lessons that aligns to Common Core Standards!
This resource includes 6 high-interest context clues reading activities that are sure to keep your students engaged!
What's included in this Halloween context clues activity resource?
- 6full page context clues activities – try printing these out in color and laminating them as a reusable literacy center activity!
- 6 student recording sheets (one for each context clues activity!)
- An answer key for each page!
- A ! Perfect for virtual learning or paperless practice.
What do the Halloween context clues reading activities look like?
- Witches' Brew – Use context clues to figure out the meaning of nonsense words in a spooky recipe.
- Creepy Crawlies – Determine the meaning of underlined words while reading about spiders in some spooktacular informational reading.
- Spooky Stories – Find an appropriate synonym to replace the underlined words in a spooky story.
- Mad Scientist – Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word in a Halloween story about a mad scientist!
- Mad Mail Mystery – Complete a letter with words that make sense in a mad-libs-style writing activity.
- Candy Chaos – Use context clues to decipher a text message with unfamiliar words.
- Monster Words – Use context clues to determine what monsters mean in a spooky script!
Looking for more context clues resources? I've got you covered!