Challenge your third and fourth graders to develop a deeper understanding of division with these Division Word Problems task cards that ask students to describe division equations using words. These tasks require students to thoughtfully dissect division word problems to determine what information they have and what they are solving to find.
In these cards, students are asked to read each word problem and describe the equation needed to solve using words. See the preview for a visual example of each card!
What's included in this Division Word Problems math task card resource?
- 32 Division Word Problems printable task cards
- A printable mini anchor chart: “Describing Division in Words”
- A printable mini anchor chart: “Division Quick Reference Guide”
- Student recording sheets
- Answer Key
- A DIGITAL, Google Slides, Version
How can I use these Division Word Problems Math Task Card Set in my classroom?
- As part of a division lesson
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- As math centers
- Differentiated math practice
- As a whole class-activity (try a game of ‘SCOOT’!)
Looking for more 3rd and 4th Grade DIVISION resources? I've got you covered!