Dive into compound words with these 52 engaging task cards for elementary. Make and identify compound words with 5 styles of task cards that are just perfect for your next language arts lesson.
What’s included in this compound words resource?
- 52 compound words task cards
- Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
- DIGITAL version in Google Slides
Explore compound words with the following 5 styles of questions:
- Identify a compound word picture
- Find 2 compound words in a short passage
- Fill in the blanks
- Circle the word that is not compound
- Create a compound word from a given list of words
Task cards are the perfect way to get hands-on with learning! Unlike traditional worksheets, task cards allow students to get moving! Place task cards around the room (or outside!) and set your students free to move while they cover important educational standards. Task cards are also the perfect tool for differentiation – just pick the card(s) that each student needs to work on the most. Too difficult? Leave it out. Too easy? Choose a more challenging card!
How can I use these Compound Words Task Cards in my classroom?
- As part of a whole class lesson
- As a pre-test or post-test activity
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- As a language arts center
- As a whole class activity (Try a game of ‘SCOOT’!)
Read detailed instructions for each way to use task cards on the Teaching With a Mountain View blog:
Looking for more language arts task cards? I’ve got you covered!
© Teaching with a Mountain View
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.