Your students will absolutely love learning all about how to use commas in a series with this high-interest grammar lesson that is ready to teach and SO engaging. Teaching grammar skills is SO MUCH FUN with Giggles and Grammar!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This can be used as a standalone grammar lesson, but it has been specifically designed to accompany my grammar practice program, !
Tell me more about this commas in a series lesson!
This resource includes 11 teaching slides focusing on correctly using commas in a series. The slides have been carefully designed to introduce the new grammar concept, give opportunities for guided practice, provide partner talk prompts, and end with independent practice ideas for journals.
There’s no prep required, just start the presentation and go!
What’s included in this commas in a series lesson?
- Step-by-step slides to introduce the ‘rules' for using commas in a series and practice finding/using them in engaging activities.
- INTRODUCE IT – Define and explore the new grammar skill
- PAUSE & PONDER – Work as a group to fix engaging examples
- TURN & TALK – Partner questions to reinforce the new skills
- FIX IT UP – Practice using commas in a series in a sentence
- YOUR TURN TO GIGGLE – Use a picture to try out your new grammar skills in action. Then, follow the journaling prompt to tie it all together.
Are student worksheets included?
This lesson includes only the teaching slides and group activities. However, the final slide(s) include samples for students to correct in a notebook, and an engaging journal prompt. Coordinating student worksheets about commas in a series can be found HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: The sentences and examples in this lesson are SILLY… very silly! Be prepared for a classroom full of giggles as you explore commas in a series.
Google Slides: Includes text boxes if you’d like students to type in answers.
PowerPoint: Embedded slides for projecting.
The document is NOT editable.
Grade Levels: This resource is best for grades 3 and up.
⭐⭐Need more grammar practice? Check out these resources!⭐⭐
Rapid Read and Review Grammar Skills
Language Skill Weekly Quick Checks
Daily Language Skill Spiral Review
Language Arts Grammar Games Bundle
This commas in a series lesson is sure to bring out the giggles in your classroom – it’s such a FUN way to explore grammar!
© Teaching with a Mountain View
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
There are no reviews yet.