Make inferencing fun in upper elementary with these riddle task cards. This resource is TWO sets of 16 inferencing with riddles task cards (32 task cards total). This engaging inferencing activity is school-themed and is the perfect back to school activity for students in third, fourth or fifth grade. It combines critical thinking and making inferences in a fun and no prep language arts activity!
What's Included in This Inferencing Activity Task Card Set?
- Inference Riddle Task Card Set One set gives three clues and ask students to figure out “What am I?” after reading the clues. (16 riddles)
- Inference Riddle Task Card Set Two is in a narrative format, with a scenario and three clues to help students answer a question. (16 riddles)
- Answer Key & Student Recording Sheet
- A . Perfect for at-home learning or paperless practice. (32 slides!)
The physical task cards print beautifully in color, but you can also print them in black in white without a problem.
How can I use this Back to School Inferencing Activity in my Classroom?
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- As literacy centers
- As a literacy mini-lesson
- As part of whole-class instruction (they make great independent or whole group practice!)
- As a whole class-activity, such as SCOOT
- See even more task card ideas at TaskCards.com (A Teaching With a Mountain View website)
What are teachers saying about this Back to School Inferencing Activity?
“These are perfect for students to use at the beginning of the year. My students were able to work on these independently while I could put away supplies, assess small groups of students, or many of the other first day of school things! Great activity!” – Simply Peachy
“I used this in the beginning of the school year to assess my students on their prior knowledge of inferencing to see what I needed to teach them during the school year.” – Tammy O.
“This was used the first weeks of school. My students loved it. Great way to start being back in the classroom.” – Tisha F.
You can buy these task cards as part of a HUGE Inference Task Card Bundle! CLICK HERE!
**MORE Back To School Resources!**
Back To School Math Project: Take a Road Trip
Getting To Know You Task Cards
Back To School Inference Task Cards
In Your Teacher's Shoes: A Back To School Activity for Big Kids
September Reading Skills Task Cards
Check out my HUGE Reading Skill Task Card Bundle with even more INFERENCE TASK CARDS!
There are no reviews yet.