Engage your upper elementary students with these fun and easy to prepare Back to School Context Clues activities! No prep required, just print them out and use the context clues activities as a back to school literacy center or break them up into engaging lessons that aligns to several Common Core Standards!
This resource includes 6 high-interest context clues reading activities that are sure to keep your students engaged!
What's included in this back to school context clues activity resource?
- 6 full page context clues activities – try printing these out in color and laminating them as a reusable literacy center activity!
- 6 student recording sheets (one for each context clues activity!)
- An answer key for each page!
- A ! Perfect for virtual learning or paperless practice.
What do the back to school context clues reading activities look like?
- A Letter From the Teacher – Read a back to school letter from a teacher to a student and use context clues to determine the meaning of unfamiliar underlined words.
- The Great Teacher Reveal – Use context clues to figure out the meaning of underlined words in a fictional texting conversation.
- School Supplies – Use context clues to figure out a poorly-spelled back to school shopping list!
- First Day Fun – Use context clues to figure out the meaning of underlined words in a fictional back to school poster.
- Class Promise – Fill in the blanks of a class promise.
- Technical Talk – Find the meaning of the underlined word in your new science textbook
Looking for more context clues resources? I've got you covered!