Engage your students in practicing affixes with this incredible Topple Blocks™ game! Inspired by Hope King's use of Jenga games in the classroom, students will use colored Jenga/Topple Blocks™ to practice their language skills. Each colored block has six questions. When a student pulls a certain color, their entire team must answer a question that corresponds to the color.
Which Affixes Skills are covered in this Topple Blocks™ game?
- Write the create prefix or affix next to a set of given words
- Use color-coded underlining to show the prefix, root/base and suffix of a set of words
- Complete a sentence using a word with the correct suffix
- Determine if an underlined word needs a prefix or a suffix, then write in the missing word
- Underline the word in a sentence that has a prefix and explain its meaning.
- Add a prefix or suffix to a given word and use it in a sentence in a way that conveys meaning
An answer key is also included – perfect for having your students self-check as they play this fun affixes game!
CLICK HERE to read a blog post about how I use this game in my classroom!
**NOTE: You will need a set of colored Jenga style blocks to play this game. You can purchase them on Amazon HERE. (Affiliate Link) You can also paint the edges of a set of regular Jenga-style blocks found at WalMart!
Don't have Topple Blocks? Check out this blog post with FIVE different ways to play, including FREE game boards!
There are no reviews yet.