Get ready to master multi-step word problems in 3rd grade! This set of 12 multi-step word problem cutouts covers third grade math standards and is the perfect way for students to learn HOW to solve these tricky problems and explain their thinking.
What is a word problem cutout?
Each half-page word problem includes 4-5 steps to solve it. Students must cut out the steps and rearrange them into the correct order to fully explain how to solve each problem.
What concepts are covered in this set of 3rd Grade Multi-Step Word Problems?
- Adding and Subtracting Time
- Adding and Subtracting within 1,000
- Multiplying by Multiples of 10
- Multiplication and Division within 100
- All Four Operations
- Multiplication to Find Area
What’s included in this resource?
- 12 printable multi-step word problems with cut-and-glue steps to solve (2 problems per page)
- Answer key
- A DIGITAL version in Google Slides
Need more practice with multi-step word problems? I’ve got you covered.